Friday, September 11, 2009

Amanda on The Same Scene


"My first impression of DC…I had actually gone to school in Baltimore so I know the area more or less. So, my first impression of DC was…it’s a lot different. Columbia Heights really built itself up. There was nothing there when I was here before. I just came back here and now we have Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond.

"However, some things have stayed exactly the same. I used to go to Pharmacy Bar in Adams Morgan and ten years later, I go back and it’s exactly the same….same bartenders, same everything. It is interesting because I was in the hipster scene in college and then I left for about ten years and then I came back to the Pharmacy Bar and The Raven and it’s exactly the same. I met some people that I knew back in college that used to go there. It’s the same scene, same people in the scene. Still, I kind of stay in the scene because I enjoy the music a lot. I still go, but I can’t say that I’m part of the music scene any more. I am more into non-profit now."

Read more about development in Columbia Heights here. Also, Amanda asks that you check out In The Light, a project supporting survivors of child sex abuse.

No comments: